Address to victims and survivors of sexual abuse
On Monday 22 October 2018, the Prime Minister of Australia, the Hon Scott Morrison MP, delivered the National Apology to Victims and Survivors of Institutional Child Sexual Abuse at Parliament House in Canberra. The Apology was developed on the advice of an independent, survivor-focused Reference Group and from consultations with communities throughout Australia from May to July 2018.
Defence Youth Safety Forum
- White Balloon Day(Poster)
- Defence Youth Safety Framework(Handout)
- Now What – Defence Post Royal Commission presented by Mr Michael Lysewycz (PowerPoint)
- Defence Case Study 40 – Systemic Issues (Handout)
- Taking Youth Safety Seriously presented by Professor Daryl Higgins (PowerPoint)
- National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
Take a look at
Youth Safety - Training Packages
Please Note: The Defence Youth Safety Level 6 training avaliable from the CadetNet e-learning module.
Youth Safety - Videos
VCDF Cadets Youth Safety Forum Message
duration 08:56 26 Jul 2017
The Defence Youth Safety Level 6 training has been released on CadetNet e-learning. The training includes two distinct packages designed to provide the minimum level of training to ensure young people are aware of their rights, responsibilities and behavioral expectations under the Defence Youth Safety Framework. There is one package for under 18s and one for 18-25 year olds.
Youth Safety Level - 6 Young Adult (18-25 yrs)
duration 01:37 Jul 2017
Youth Safety Level - 6 Youth (under 18)
duration 01:25 26 Jul 2017