All of Defence’s youth activities must align with good practice youth development principles. The Department’s youth frameworks and policies are available from this page.
This section also provides links to a range of useful external resources and references with a youth focus.
Defence Youth Safety Framework Tools
- Defence Youth Safety Suitability Screening Guide
- Defence Youth Safety Code of Conduct Guide
- Defence Youth Safety Training Guide
- Defence Youth Safety Incident Managment Guide
- Defence Youth Safety Risk Management Guide
Defence Youth Network Factsheets
- Australian Defence Force Academy (ADFA) - Factsheet
- Air Force Balloon - Factsheet
- Defence Youth Network Membership - Factsheet
- Defence Community Organisation (DCO) - Factsheet
Defence Indigenous Programs
- Defence Indigenous Development Program - Factsheet
- Indigenous Youth Program with RAAF - Factsheet
- Indigenous Traineeships in APS - Factsheet
Defence Youth Programs
Last updated: Friday, January 06, 2017
Pamphletes, Tools and Factsheet
This framework reflects a synthesis of available literature on positive youth development.
This framework is designed to reflect the distinctive program ADF Cadets offer the Australian youth.
Defence is committed to providing a range of high quality youth engagement opportunities.
Vision, understanding and guidance on youth activities across Defence.